The Carroll County Board of Commissioners Adopted the 2014 County Master Plan on February 26th.
This plan is an update of the county’s 2000 Master Plan. It is a culmination of approximately 2 years,
and thousands of hours, of work by the Planning and Zoning Commission Members and county staff.
Master Plans are important because they provide a coordinated and comprehensive look at individual
parts of a community and integrate them in a way that helps to achieve the community’s vision for
the future. Some key elements in the plan are to:
- Encourage development in existing population centers
- Continue to promote the preservation of productive agricultural lands to protect Carroll County’s heritage and agriculture’s economic contribution
- Provide adequate public facilities
- Increase employment and business opportunities by designating new lands for commercial, industrial and employment campus uses
- Lay the general groundwork for planning a better future for Carroll County
For more information or questions regarding the Plan, please contact the Bureau of Comprehensive Planning at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 410-386-2145.
Frequently Asked Questions PDF