Office of Public Safety Support Services
OPSSS provides 24-hour emergency 911 services to citizens, visitors, and businesses in Carroll County. The Mission of the Emergency Communications Center is to provide dependable, responsive, & proficient Emergency 911 (E911) services for the citizens of, and visitors to Carroll County, as well as reliable, accurate, & interoperable radio communications to all users of the County's 800 MHz Trunked Radio System (including Emergency Services - Fire/Rescue/EMS & Police). This is accomplished by adequately staffing the Emergency Communications Center (ECC) 24-7 with well-trained personnel, capable of providing persons calling E911 with pre-arrival assistance for incidents requiring Fire/Rescue/EMS, as well as Police response.
Emergency 911 & Dispatch
800 MHz Trunked Radio Communications System
- Provides professional, courteous, and appropriate assistance to all callers to '911'
- Effects timely dispatch of appropriate emergency services agencies/personnel
- Provides pre-arrival emergency medical instructions (i.e., Emergency Medical Dispatch) for all incidents requiring same
- Directs calls to affiliated agencies, if/when/as appropriate
- Manages and maintains E911 Telephone System in proper operating condition, identifying and correcting known operational deficiencies in a timely and effective manner
- Maintains professional and attentive communications with all radio system users
- Fulfills requests for assistance, guidance, and/or information
- Manages & maintains multi-user radio system in proper operating condition, identifying and correcting known operational deficiencies in a timely and effective manner