Bureau of Purchasing - Purchasing Procedures
- Up to $300
- Authorized personnel of County agencies may issue orders directly to vendors for goods and services not included under written term requirement contracts.
- Purchases under $2,500
- The Bureau of Purchasing may issue orders directly to vendors for goods and services at their discretion.
- Purchases over $2,500 and under $25,000
- Prices are obtained from a minimum of three vendors by written solicitation either by mail, fax or other method.
- Purchases of $25,000 and over
- Purchases of goods and services over $25,000 are typically accomplished by formal bid advertisement. Formal bids are advertised in at least one circulated newspaper and posted on the public bulletin boards located outside Room 106 in the County Office Building. Formal Bids and Awards are posted on this website.
- Sealed bids must be properly identified and received on time.
- Bids are awarded to the most responsible and responsive bidder in accordance to specifications.
- Current and upcoming bids, as well as results, may be obtained by calling (410)386-2181 or 1-888-302-8978 ext. 2181.
- Sole Source Procurement
- A contract may be awarded, without competition, when the Purchasing Agent determines there is only one source for the required supplies, equipment, service, construction, as defined in Resolution #258-92.
- Emergency Procurement
- Emergency Procurement may be required for supplies, equipment, services, or construction, when there exists a threat to public health, welfare, or safety, provided that emergency procurement shall be made with such competition as is practicable under the circumstances.
- At times, bidders may be pre-qualified in order to bid. Vendors must be pre-qualified for Public Works projects and some Building Construction projects. Pre-qualification forms may be obtained by contacting Bureau of Engineering, 410-386-2157 or Building Construction, 410-386-2248.