Hap Baker Firearms Facility
Rules and Regulations
SAFETY IS MORE THAN A SET OF RULES:
Gun owners must accept personal responsibility for self-education and for teaching others about safety.
All Facility users MUST adhere to posted rules. Failure to do so may result in eviction from the premises
and/or revocation of user badge.
The following is a list of major Facility rules. Users are expected to familiarize themselves with ALL
rules and strictly adhere to them. These rules were designed for the safety of the Facility users and
the public alike.
- The Range Officer is in charge of the range at all times and their decision/discretion is FINAL in all cases.
- The Range Officer will orient you to the facility at your first visit.
- Full automatic and rapid firing in NOT PERMITTED. A minimum of a 2 second delay MUST be observed between rounds.
Ammunition and load limitations: Handguns and rifles will not exceed 50 caliber (except for Muzzle loaders).
Military Tracers, armor piercing rounds, and BMG’s are NOT PERMITTED. Shotguns must have a front and adjustable rear sight,
and only a single projectile type slug is permitted. ABSOLUTELY NO bird or buck shot.
Firearms shall only be loaded at the firing line, while the line is HOT, with the muzzle pointed down range at all times
(with the exception of muzzle loaders - Range Officer will inform these shooters of proper protocol).
When the line is cold (or a cease fire is called) all shooters must stop shooting immediately and all firearms must be unloaded,
magazine must be removed, slides back, and actions open. Range Officer will give the command of “All Clear” and at that time
shooters will be allowed to go down range to change their targets. At this time there will be ABSOLUTELY NO handling of firearms.
- Eye and ear protection MUST be worn at all times while on the firing line.
- Those under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult over the age of 21.
- Only approved paper targets attached to stationary frames are permitted. Angle firing is not permitted, shooters bench and target position must correspond.
- Facility identification badges must be displayed while on the premises. Badges are not to be loaned or transferred to another person at any time. I.D. is required.
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly PROHIBITED. Anyone suspected of being under the influence will absolutely not be permitted to use the facility.
- No pets allowed on the premises.
- Smoking is not allowed in any structure at the facility.
- Spectators shall remain clear of and behind the firing line at all times.
- No littering. Individuals and groups are responsible for keeping the area clean; this includes policing brass.